Plaque is a soft but sticky substance that builds up on your teeth and gum line. If not prevented or removed through good oral hygiene practices, plaque builds up into a hard-yellowish substance called tartar. Also known as calculus, tartar is an accumulation of minerals from your saliva and plaque. The American Dental Association recommends brushing and flossing at least twice a day or after every meal to prevent plaque build-up and ultimately, the accumulation of tartar.
But how do we prevent tartar from building up in the first place? Here’s what you should know about this substance and how to prevent it from hindering your oral health in the first place.
How Does Tartar Affect Health?
Once tartar builds up, it’s much harder to remove. More often than not, you may require a dental visit to have it removed. Besides that, poor oral hygiene that leads to tartar may also cause other problems such as bad breath, gum disease, and tooth decay. According to research, gum disease has also been linked to other severe conditions such as dementia, heart disease, and pneumonia. This makes it highly critical to take good care of your oral health.
The Best Way to Avoid Tartar
To prevent plaque from turning into tartar, following good oral hygiene practices and using plaque removing gels are your best options. Plaque removal gels work better than traditional toothpastes to remove hardened plaque before it turns into tartar.
How to Use Plaque Removing Gels
We’ve all seen commercials for traditional plaque removing toothpastes, however LIVFRESH Dental Gel has been proven to perform 250% better at removing plaque than the market leader according to a double-blind published study at the University of California, Irvine Beckman Laser Institute.
LIVFRESH removes plaque by repelling bacteria from the tooth surface while creating a barrier to prevent new plaque from attaching to teeth. The gel uses ACTIVATED EDATHAMIL, a patented formulation that breaks down existing plaque and provides a deep, long-lasting clean. It is no wonder our dental gel is recommended by researchers, dentists, and key opinion leaders.
For best results, it is recommended that you brush after every meal for at least two minutes. To ensure you’re brushing your teeth for the entire two minutes, try playing your favorite song or setting a timer to get the job done right. Use gentle strokes on your teeth and keep in mind that plaque also builds up on your tongue as well.
Along with brushing twice per day, here are some of the best things you can do to prevent plaque from hindering your oral health:
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush will be much better for your gums and a quality toothpaste even better for your overall health.
- Your brushing technique is just as important as the type of toothbrush that you use. Ensure that the inner surface of your teeth and tongue are not neglected. Your toothbrush be held at a 45-degree angle against the gum line in order to maximize the cleaning action.
- Besides brushing, flossing regularly is also highly recommended. This habit gets rid of all the gunk stuck between the teeth and below the gumline. Ensure you also use a mouthwash to get rid of all the bacteria that the toothpaste may leave behind.
- Try to rinse your mouth after meals to trigger your saliva glands into action. This can help remove food particles that may cause plaque build-up. Swishing water and spitting it out can also dislodge any plaque that has begun to build up.
- Engaging in bi-annual dental check-ups is also highly recommended. You need to get good cleanings regularly, especially if you suffer from periodontal disease. Your dentist will also catch any other dental problems before they mature into something worse.
Use the right oral hygiene products:
By following these tips, tartar will never be a challenge you face. When you’re ready to take your oral health into your own hands, rely on the ultimate plaque removing gel, LIVFRESH, for all your dental care needs.